Neighbour disputes

Neighbourhood disputes are disagreements between neighbours about noise, trees and fences.

External resources

Where to go for help

    • Dividing Fence Disputes -Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal – The Tribunal hears dividing fence disputes which are valued up to and including $25,000.
    • You may wish to approach a community legal centre for assistance. To find your nearest community legal centre, please visit the Community Legal Centres Queensland website at . There are a number of community legal centres throughout Queensland that hold regular advice sessions.
    • LawRight is an independent, not-for-profit, community-based legal organisation that operates a civil law referral service for pro bono legal representation and direct legal services for particular disadvantaged client groups.For more information about the help available, and the process for applying for help, please see the LawRight website at