Video 2 – Defending a Court Case

If you’ve been served with a Claim and Statement of Claim, you have 28 days to file a Defence. There are special rules about the drafting of a Defence. If you have a cause of action against the plaintiff, you can bring a Counterclaim. If you do not file a Defence, the plaintiff can obtain a Default Judgment against you. You can apply to the court to set aside a Default Judgment. If you own a property you may have to respond to an Enforcement Warrant.

Resources from this video

Was this helpful?

It helps us to improve our resources for the public if you complete this survey.